The focus of the coordinator’s position will be to provide additional resources to existing Communities In Schools initiatives that will provide needy services to students positioned in Duval County Public Schools.
For additional information about VISTA (Volunteers In Service To America) service: http://www.americorps.gov/about/programs/vista.asp
Duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Assist the Communities In Schools Resource Development staff with the coordination of special events.
- Assist with the coordination of Public Relations events.
- Organize and conduct projects relating to programs within the Communities In Schools Umbrella.
- Minor Grant writing for smaller projects and resources that will address all program needs may be required.
- Create an inventory/contact list of local businesses.
- Utilize existing list of school business partners to garner additional resources, both human and financial.
- Create a menu of items that local businesses can select from to support volunteerism.
- In-Kind tracking system for donated resources, both human and financial.
- Create a sustainable plan for resources.
- General assistance with office duties as needed.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Living Allowance: $11, 400 per year
- Health Insurance
- Education Award – $5,500.00 per year
- One year contract – March 2015–March 2016 (Mandatory Training February 24-27, 2015)
Please send resumes to email@example.com
The information provided in this position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent in this position. This position description is not intended to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and/or work conditions of employees assigned to this job. The agency CEO, COO, and/or CFO have discretion to add to or modify the duties of this position and designate other key functions at any point in time. The CEO, COO, and/or CFO may also modify working hours and work location at any point in time. This position description is not an employment agreement or contract.